The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the remix promotion. By submitting a mixed track to this website you agree to be bound by the Terms so please read through them carefully first.
1. Because you (“You) have purchased Lily’s latest album “Its Not You Its Me” (“Tracks”) , EMI Records Limited trading as Parlophone Records (“we” “Us”) are making available various elements or parts of the Tracks (“Stems”) for You to download, remix and submit to the website www.lilyallenmusic.com (“Remix Promotion”)
2. Lily will be checking out the remixed versions of the Tracks (“Remixes”) that you upload on www.lilyallenmusic.com. You will also be able to vote for your favourites. The Remix Promotion is not a competition in that there are no prizes other than the chance for Lily and fellow Lily fans to appreciate your remixing skills! At some point in the future we may decide to release Remixes but there are no current plans to do so.
3. You therefore agree, confirm, warrant and represent that:
a. all rights in and to any Remixes of the original sound recording of the Tracks (“Masters”) created by You shall vest in and be owned by EMI Records Limited. This means we shall be entitled at all times to the sole right of production, reproduction, exploitation and sale in any media and in any form,
b. to the extent necessary, and with full title guarantee You hereby assign all rights and interests in and to the Remixes whether present or future to Us absolutely through the world for the full period of copyright therein and all renewals and extensions thereof (insofar as is permissible by law) in perpetuity.
c. You understand that Your Remix does not entitle you to any rights in respect of the underlying composition of the Tracks,
d. You will not use any illegal (i.e.uncleared) samples in the Remixes. This means no sampling of copyright recordings and no re-playing of copyright compositions (melody/lyrics),
e. the Remix shall not be obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful or violate any law,
f. You will not use or distribute the Stems or Remixes or Album for any purpose other than to create the Remix,
g. You participate in the Remix Promotion at Your own risk and agree to indemnify Us and our subsidiaries against all costs, claims, damages and liabilities arising from your own actions in any way in connection with the Remix Promotion or a breach of your obligations,
h. You are over 13 years old. Please do not use this website or participate in the Remix Promotion if you are 13 years old or younger.
4. We shall have no obligation to accept, post or otherwise use Your Remixes.
5. These Terms represent the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Remix Promotion.
6. These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.